Last Update vor 5 Monaten
Sometimes accidents happen no matter how careful you are. Always be honest and transparent with the owner.
1. Contact the owner via our chat button as soon as you can.
2. Please take photos on your phone immediately (so it's date and time stamped) and send the photos to the owner.
3. Organise to drop the item back to the owner as soon as possible.
4. Discuss the damage with the owner, Most items can be fixed with extra dry cleaning or repair. This must be organised by the owner. DON'T TRY TO DO IT YOURSELF - because we all like doing things our own way. The owner should take the item to their preferred cleaner and or tailor and get a written quote.
5. The owner can send quotes to you and request money to cover the damage costs.
6. If the item is not fixable and can no longer be worn, the owner would have listed a replacement value that you may have to pay. If the dress is sold out or a collector's item the owner may choose to charge more. The easiest way to figure out fair value is to do an online search and see how much similar items are selling for. It's absolutely OK to negotiate this with one another.
7. Most issues can be sorted out easily but if you need us to step in please contact the HSR team via our chatbot.